San Francisco Police have found nearly 100 poisoned meatballs since July 3 spread throughout six city neighborhoods. The meatballs have been found in Twin Peaks, Diamond Heights, Lower Heights, Cole Valley, Hayes Valley and Bernal Heights. One dog, a dachshund, has died already after eating a meatball on the corner of Crestline Drive and Burnett Avenue.
The meatballs are laced with rat poison. Police speculate the person responsible is either afraid of dogs or tired of barking and seeing poop.
Keep an eye out and make sure your dog is fully trained with the “off!” command to prevent him from eating one of these horrible meatballs. Expert dog trainer Beverly Ulbrich can show you the ropes if your dog doesn’t know this command well enough to prevent him from this danger.